First, a few words about how we got here:
We traveled to Thessaloniki after Meteora. Now, I don't like to say bad things about places that I travel to...after all, I'm a tourist in and out in a few days; how could I really judge a place? But let's just say that our activities in Thessaloniki included buying a DVD of My Big Fat Greek Wedding and watching it our hotel room...sleeping...struggling through the incredibly stifling city on a self-guided walking tour...and then sleeping some more until we could get the train out. Here are a few pictures:
This church, modeled after Hagia Sofia in Istanbul, had some real, real, old frescoes and mosaics. These are from the 8th century:
So...we left Thessaloniki in the morning, and traveled twelve hours yesterday to get here...via our feet, the train, taxi, bus, ferry, another bus...and finally found ourselves at a lovely beachside hotel at a little harbor town. We grabbed our usual dinner and dessert (gyros and ice cream, PLUS a beer this time, all for 12 euro total), and headed for bed. Today was a lazy day at the beach, and then the pool...and we plan the same for tomorrow. :)

Hey, see below for new pics added from the monastery hike!
Hey, see below for new pics added from the monastery hike!

No comments:
Post a Comment