Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Even Less Intrepid than Usual...

As posted on my regular blog, this summer I'll be staying a little closer to home. And I know, even though I've never been to NYC, lots of you have, and you must have recommendations...places to stay? eat? museums not to miss? anyway feel free to post them, and any on DC as well....much appreicated!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i hear there's an awesome hotel that is organized like the dewey decimal system!

Erin said...

awesome! I'll make sure to "check it out!"

Bora said...

From "French Laundry at Home"

Q. What's your favorite hole-in-the-wall food establishment in the DC area?

A. My favorite hole-in-the-wall food place? Oh, that's easy. Citronelle. KIDDING. There are some Peruvian chicken joints on New York Avenue and on North Capitol Street that are really good. I don't know their names because most of the storefronts don't have signs or are called El Pollo (Something or Other) and I get them all confused. I also love Florida Avenue Grill in DC and The Woodside on Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring. I love a good greasy breakfast, so any hole-in-the-wall place that does that is a favorite of mine. I don't think Ben's Chili Bowl is technically a hole in the wall, but it's also one of my favorite very-casual dining establishments. And speaking of hot dogs, in college I used to subsist on chili-cheese dogs from this guy, Manoosh, who used to park his cart just outside Tower Records on 21st and H Street. I wonder if he's still there. Or alive. Man, those dogs hit the spot at 2:30 in the morning.

Dana Lundblad said...

I went to Ben's Chili Bowl, myself. Can't really remember what I thought about the food, except some places are no fun when you are by yourself. (o;