Sunday, June 26, 2005

Vienna, Day 2

Hello again...I wrote yesterday, but realized that it did not post, so I just re-did the whole thing. (I'm having a little trouble, since the site here is completely in German, so it's quite the trial and error experience!)

We've been going pretty non-stop except for a short break in the afternoons...last night we saw Beethoven's "Missa Solemnis" performed in the beautiful St. Stephen's cathedral in the center of the old medieval part of town. Gretchen's observation afterwards was "Wow, they take a lot of time to sing each word!" Also this morning we heard the Vienna Boy's Choir sing but couldn't see them...not such a wonderful experience compared to last night.

Tonight we're having dinner in a wine garden near Beethoven's old house, and then we must pack for Prague...our train leaves at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning!

Tchuss for now!
(write to me! I miss you guys!)
Erin

7 comments:

Bora said...

Hi Erin, Did you visit Ludwig's house or other such shrine? Hope you guys had some good sausages and beer. By the way, sometimes the blog entries take a while to post. Tell Gretchen hi from me!

Dana Lundblad said...

Erin--

For you I have completed my registration (sigh). I'm seriously considering changing the locks on your front door and squatting! Bwah-ha-ha!

Just a quick comment... you went jogging OUTSIDE??!? You may very well come back a new woman...

Happy travels!

Dana Lundblad

Dana Lundblad said...

Erin--

For you I have completed my registration (sigh). I'm seriously considering changing the locks on your front door and squatting! Bwah-ha-ha!

Just a quick comment... you went jogging OUTSIDE??!? You may very well come back a new woman...

Happy travels!

Dana Lundblad

Erin said...

Bora, yes, we saw one of L.v.B.'s houses...where he wrote the 6th symphony. I posed there sort of hugging his statue. :)

Doug, man, thanks for the post :)

Dana, yes, I went jogging outside! It was great, except for the getting lost part, but I was nervous then so I just ran faster. A guy walking down the street was cheering me on :)

Kate! Thanks for the "buena fortuna" wish. Never fear, I am collecting LOTS of interesting facts and taking LOTS of pictures!

Ciao for now!

D said...

Chimin' in a little late. Had some technical blog difficulties. Like no "Continue" button at the bottom of the page registration page.

I hope Gretchen keeps up with your pace and tires you out, because I don't know if I'm going to be able to cut it at the pace you're going now. (Gulp.)

Gut-joggen! Now, aren't you glad you brought those workout clothes!? :-)

Any marzipan sampling yet? C'mon, tell us about the food!

Missing you,
D

p.s. Not to air dirty laundry... But, do you still need a travel clothesline? I saw one in the REI catalog. $6.50 with 8 clippies.

Erin said...

no, i'm good on the travel clothesline...no time to wash clothes yet anyway! sorry no mention about the food....it hasn't really been amazing, just good and filling. Yesterday we went to a farmer's market and the fruit was incredible. No marzipan yet, but one Mozart Ball! very tasty :)

Erin said...

Amy, we did see Hummers in Vienna...several! Glad to "hear" from you :)