
this chocolate shop offered chocolates flavored with lemongrass, cuban cigar, cola, passionfruit, and all the usual goodies. Hazelnut was my favorite...
Some notable gastronomic delights:
-best chocolate ever! We bought some from a woman today who assures us that the special thermal bag we got it to protect it will make it last all the way through the 100 degree southern Spain part of our trip. But the hazelnut praline was so, so, delicious.
-lovely beer! We went on a brewery tour with possibly the most taciturn guide I've ever had: "On the next part of our tour the stairs are very steep, and mind your head. I hope you will survive it." But the large glass of light, slightly sweet beer at the end was worth ALL of the danger.
-fries...they really are quite good: I wasn't brave enough to try the mayo option, but there was an interesting meat sauce. I had curry ketchup. Yum. Good think we are biking and climbing lots of stairs in the face of such good treats!
tomorrow, France. Allez les Bleus!
e



5 comments:
I'm glad I'm home with my skinny cows because chocolate and FRIES! - oh MY gAAD! I would be gorging myself! (read in loud American tourist voice)
Always livened by the talk of such heavenly morsels!
oui - Viva la France!
D
In France for the world cup finals. Amazing!
When my dad lived in France, he said that the Belgians made the best chocolate in the world.
I'm sorry "Les Bleus" lost. And now you can focus on the Tour. Do you have any pick for the winner?
As always, I love your travel writing.
We sure missed you as we sadly watched France's disgraceful loss to Italy. What was the reaction like in Paris? WHAT A SHAME!
For you branding/marketing nerds, a timely article about Belgium:
Belgium's Dilemma: To be or not to be?
http://www.brandchannel.com/start.asp?fa_id=322
"Belgium does not have the high and mighty reputations of its neighbors France, Germany and the UK. No one though can dispute the 10-million-strong nation's claim to over 500 beers and Europe's best chocolates. Visitors, too, are well aware of the country's delights such as Atomium or that Venice of the North, Bruges. So what's the dilemma?..."
Post a Comment