Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Time to GO!


We're packed and ready....for me last night, packing was like cramming for a final. I don't know why I do it this way, but I procrastinate and procrastinate until I'm almost out of time. Early this morning, around 3:30, when I was reading a book about Greece surrounded by piles of clothes and still-empty Big Mama waiting to receive them, I did realize how ridiculous I was being. So finally now I've got myself together, slightly worried about how heavy Big Mama is already, and now my sister is on her way to take us to SFO.

Here's the plan:
4:30 p.m. flight to London, 10 hrs., arrive at 10:30 a.m. local time.
wait in Heathrow for a bit
4:35 p.m. flight to Athens, arrive at 9:30 local time.

Greece is 10 hours ahead of PST, so...by the time we arrive at our hotel that night, we will have been traveling for 19 hours, give or take. I suspect it will feel like a little bit more than that, however. :)

Ciao for now...
E

3 comments:

Dana Lundblad said...

Bon Voyage!! If I were Sarah, I would have asked to remind you to wear trouser socks to help insure your circulation in your legs. But I'm not, so I didn't. Actually when we flew to India, she wore tube socks. After several hours of flight, I was quite jealous of them... (o:

But let's be honest style is sooooo much more important to me that comfort.

Erin said...

hmm. my ankles are actually unrecognizably swollen right now. too bad you didn't tell me. :)

Dana Lundblad said...

... well that'll teach me to edit my thoughts when they seem overly dorky... (o:

hope you recover quickly and mea culpa!