Thursday, July 05, 2007

Lasts

Hey all,

We're in Athens again this morning, and are off to London later today for our last few days before we head home. We are busy doing "lasts", mostly having to do with eating: Last gyros (last night - so good), last spanikopita breakfast, last Greek salad, last yogurt and honey. Here are a few pictures from our last motorbike ride on Naxos before we left that lovely island:


We jokingly called this "The Portal" the whole time...it's and old temple to Apollo that is the iconic symbol of the island.

Greek swim lessons. Right below that old temple, near some marble steps, in the Aegean Sea. Pretty different from the YMCA...

On the bikes, ready to head along the coastal road to the other tip of the island...

...and finally, after and 1.5 hour ride, we got there. (we sort of didn't know it was going to take that long, and Lo's gas was on empty for several kilometers, but all was well in the end)

Not sure if you can see clearly in the photo, but these were cheerfully painted beehives...honey is one of the island big exports. Yum.

A Greek bee, brought to you courtesy of spy cam.

dessert on our las tnight on Naxos. This place called Waffle House lets you build your own crazy concoction. We had Mocha and Cream Cookie gelato with chocolate sauce and broken biscuits, all over a fresh, crispy waffle. Lo was real excited.

And, finally, good old Big Mama and I, relaxing by the pool while waiting for our ride to the ferry. She's been great this trip, I haven't even had to expand her yet, but after all our Athens shopping yesterday I think it will be time...

4 comments:

c said...

Thanks for posting--your blog was absolutely delightful. It was fun coming along on your food journey and off road jaunts (along with spy cam!) That waffle looks really big! Is it the angle of the camera?

Bora said...

I guess America isn't the only land of big portions.

Blog isn't over, right? Athens and London coming up...?

My favorite shots: swimming lessons and the bee.

Anonymous said...

Hey girls - just caught up with your trip - been with my family in illinois - so glad to hear you are okay after the big crash erin!!! can't wait to read more about athens and london - safe travels......

Dana Lundblad said...

Enjoy the tour!!! You know i'm so jealous. And yes, I'm still a fan despite all the doping scandals. What can I say? I like baseball, too.

Goodbye, lovely Greece--we hardly knew ya.