Monday, March 30, 2009

If all goes according to plan...

...July will find me in Scotland and Ireland.

Hooray! It wasn't until I booked my (relatively less expensive than in the recent past) plane tickets that I realized afresh how much I love traveling, how much joy it brings me. Just having these books on my desk and looking through them when I have time makes me quite happy - sometimes I take them to bed at night even though I know I'll fall asleep within a minute or two and won't get much actual reading done.

It's been a rough year, work-wise, and it's amazing how changed I feel having something to look forward to. I feel fortunate to have the time and money to travel, now more than ever. And I look forward to blogging along the way. Meanwhile, I have to stop reading confirmation booking e-mails in an Irish accent to my friend at work - I think it might be a little annoying.

See you back here in a few months!

6 comments:

Dana Lundblad said...

Sounds absolutely fantastic!

dy said...

Yeah, go intrepid traveler!

Miracle Balsitis said...

I love the intrepid traveler. I'm so glad that you will be bringing us another edition this summer! I hardly ever comment, but I always read. YAY ERIN!

Phil C said...

I'm also looking forward to another summer of interesting Erin travel blogs.

Jood said...

Ah, going back to the motherland, I see, and escaping the work place shenanigans. Wish I could go with.

Caroline said...

it wasn't annoying at all :) i wish i could go too...you so deserve this much needed getaway!