Thursday, July 29, 2010

Arrival in Prague

The drive back from Cesky Krumlov was very smooth, especially now that I know how to put the car in reverse. So useful!

We arrived in Prague, walked to our pension, and then Donica headed out to explore while I unpacked and settled in. I noticed a church that was advertising a classical music concert this evening, and I went back for it at 6 pm. (Donica preferred shopping, and there are ample opportunities to do so here in Prague). I was delighted to be seated about 3 feet from the musicians, and the chamber music program they did was fun. Kind of a greatest hits selection, and it was pretty good, save Pachelbel's Canon, which they played so fast it was a bit disorienting.


We met back up again to eat and walk around more. I couldn't resist these berries:


We joined the crowd for the requisite viewing of the astronomical clock on the town square:


And we turned down this dessert option:


in favor of ending our day in a pub like so:

7 comments:

Bora said...

Beer over gelato? A woman after my own heart.

Phil C said...

Why not beer AND gelato? It's vacation...

dy said...

Now we'll never know what smurfs taste like...

D said...

dy, i was thinking the same thing! smurfs may be better than beer?!

Dana Lundblad said...

I know they may never let me into Prague, but I'd choose Smurfs over beer any day. Every day.

Erin said...

OK, wait, Dana - why would they not let you in? Are you wanted here? How exciting!

Dana Lundblad said...

No... but it's worse than a criminal record... I abhor beer! They bar me at many European countries.