Hey all...
Will update on Madrid in a moment, but wanted to review our last night in Granada first...it´s been a busy few days!
After touring the Alhambra we were busy shopping in the very Moroccan-feeling streets of the market in Granada. Actually, Gretchen was doing most of the shopping....I was following along the narrow and very merchandise-clogged alleys feeling a bit tired. She stopped to buy something, and as she looked around I started talking to the quite nice man that worked in the shop. Long story short, he asked to meet up later and take us to a tea house, to which I promptly said no, thanks. (We had planned an expensive, splurge dinner for that night.) I told Gretchen as we were walking away, and she convinced me to go back and say yes....so I did.
We agreed to meet in a few hours, and the rest of the evening was quite delightful...he was charming, an Iraqi doctoral student who is studying in Granada to be a professor. He bought us tea, and later we all got gyros for dinner and went to eat them near the moonlit river near the shadow of the Alhambra walls. Gretchen was a great chaperone to what turned out to be a lovely little date...she did leave to do even more shopping for a bit, but only after things seemed to be going quite fine. We said goodbye to him and caught the bus back to our hotel...and yes, I do have a picture, but cannot post from this internet place. Alas!
Early the next morning we made the drive all the way up to Madrid in order to make it to the amazing Prado museum here before it closed. For the art-loving readers of this blog, I must say that the Prado is perhaps the most impressive museum I´ve been to, save the Louvre. My favorite of all is Velazquez´Las Meninas, though I won´t bore you with many art details.
We are off now for one more touristic visit...the Royal Palaces...and then plan to have a last dinner with some last sangria(s) before we catch the plane tomorrow morning! It´s been great fun writing this blog, even more fun knowing that you all were reading, and great to read your comments. I know many of you read but didn´t comment...G & I were wondering how many, so if you don´t mind, drop me a line at eschweng@gmail.com and let us know! I plan to update one last time, with pictures, when we get back.
Hasta luego,
E & G
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Hooray! I made it back from my own travels abroad to read every stinking post you made before you left for home!! You're trip sounds delightful and charming. And deeee-licious! Come home safely, you two.
I like how you made sure that we knew that your date with el guapo was on the up and up. You're usual MO is to be so deviant~illicit drugs, marauding mysterious strangers...(I don't really have to insert a smiley emoticon here, do I?)
I don't suppose Mama could carry home a Iraqi doctoral student?
Glad for your enjoyable evening - and Go Gretchen! on the "convincing" and the "sensitive" chaparoning. You're a good friend.
Sorry to see travels... AND the blog come to a close, but eager to have you home!
p.s. Mama, did you bring anything back for me? I've been a good girl while you were gone. :-)
Mama news:
she maxed out a long time ago, and duffel is being pressed into heavy service. both are full of treats for all, though no Iraqi doctoral students. It is already going to a sketchy trip through customs, what with the absinthe bottles and ham.
It will be great to have you back. Dr. Jood, I stand corrected. You are super blogger mama!!!
I hope Mama and Duffel didn't forget those capris for Gid!
Post a Comment