Sunday, June 10, 2007

9 days and counting....

On Tuesday, June 19th, Loretta and I head out for 3 weeks in Greece, with a few days in London thrown in at the end. Here are some questions that some of you might have, along with some thoughtfully provided answers.


Who is Loretta?
A good friend from church, proud owner of my first ever hand-knit pair of mloves.


Why Greece?
Neither of us has ever been there. The islands beckon, the ancient cities abound with wonders to be discovered anew, blah blah blah. :)

Why London?
We are meeting up with some good friends on their way back from Scotland. Plus also, I still have a few things left on my "To Do in London" list from the last time I was there.


What happened to Gretchen?
Nothing! We have separate travel plans this summer, but we still remember fondly our various adventures and we spoke of them wistfully on certain very difficult days at work this year. Also, we'll be having our own adventures working together in the little red room next year as we both plan to be out of the classroom.

Is the trip all planned?
Well....nope. Our current one-line answer is that this is the most unplanned trip I've ever had, and for Loretta it's the most planned. We know where we're staying the first 3 nights in Athens and the last 4 nights in London...and that's it. We have a rough idea of what shall happen between then, but other than that, we'll be surprising ourselves! You can read along on the blog and be surprised along with us...

More soon!

4 comments:

Phil C said...

Hooray for Erin's first post on the 2007 travel blog! Looking forward to many interesting and entertaining entries during the rest of the trip.

Dana Lundblad said...

My response was going to be hooray, but clearly, Phil beat me to the punch! Looking forward to the 'fly by the seat of the pants' blog. Oh, what wonders await!

sharonhi said...

Looking forward to keeping track with you!

kathleeng said...

Yeah, Erin. I look forward to photos and comentary from places I've not been to.