Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Odds and Ends...and The End

In about 11 hours, we'll be on the plane home. It's been a wonderful trip, full of people I love, places I love, beautiful art and delicious food. I'm so glad we came.

Here is a round up of a few photos, some poached from Bora/Kate, that didn't make it into earlier posts.

Lo and I on the castle ramparts in Ghent

Bora's beautiful shot of Notre Dame. The blooming trees (and tulips) made everything extra picturesque.

Nerd alert!

Kate and I in the garden/park behind Notre Dame

One of our several trips to Berthillon :)

A quiet moment in the Orangerie

Thinking about The Thinker at the Rodin Museum

One of my favorite small pieces by Rodin

Bora and Wes are so small...and the, erm, sculpture is so big.

Over here, the bell of Easter brings the chocolate to the children...or something like that.

During one of our many small breaks between activities to sit and consult the map about what to do next and how to get there.

Also poached from Bora, a lovely shot of the Seine at night.

Sigh. I wish this had come out better, as there was no postcard at the gift shop. The Holy Family, by Rembrandt. The light was amazing.

A big treat for me - a Vermeer at the Louvre.

Don't walk down this street!

We bought some stationery products from the proprietor of this little shop in the Marais. There were elaborately decorated letters and envelopes addressed to him covering the walls. I told him in French that I thought the letters were charming and asked if I could take a picture. He said of course, and then told me I could write to him too and be up on the wall.

Last meal in Paris: L'as du Falafel in our little apartment, schlepped back by Loretta and me on the metro. Delish.

...and the final macaron taste test. Also good, but perhaps Pierre Herme was tops.

Au Revoir, Paris!

We came back to Belgium yesterday, and had a nice day today saying goodbye to our friends, having a very Flemish lunch in town, and shopping for chocolate and little gifts to bring home to our families. It's been fun to post and do a little reflecting on our trip here on the blog - thanks for reading along!

1 comment:

marguerite said...

Welcome home! Thanks for all of the photos. Bell of Easter???