
Gram and Gramps with Lily at Hamura Saimin. Gramps always looks happier in person, trust me. It's weird, or maybe not, but Hamura Saimin was EXACTLY the same as I remembered. Same people working there. Maybe higher prices, but not by much.

Waimea canyon, the next day. Mags was sleeping in the car and missed the whole thing, but I guess that's OK when you're 22 months.

She woke up in time to point out the Kalalua Valley to us all.

No other view like this one, anywhere.

We took lots of pictures, like good tourists do.

Then, we headed a ways back down the road for a picnic at a lovely spot in Koke'e State Park. It was perfect weather, perfect spot, and I could have stayed there all day.

Instead, Loretta and I went golfing at the 9 hole for 9 dollah place we found last week. I had been planning what I would do at the #6 tee since then, which was to skip the ladies' tee and try to hit my ball over the gorge. It was ambitious for me, but I did it. Best golfing moment ever.

Lo teeing off.

The next day at Tunnels, a Hawaiian monk seal swam right up on the beach near us to take a nap. A group of excited humans quickly surrounded him, including us. Mags had to be restrained.

Then she acted like a seal and cracked herself up (and Gram).
No comments:
Post a Comment