We tried another hike a few days ago. We made it about a mile up a pretty steep trail until we decided to turn around - it was pretty tough going for 4 year old legs. (Kind of steep and scary in parts for Aunty Sissy, too, actually.)
We didn't make it to the top, but still got a nice view of Wailua and the ocean.
Later that day, we headed to Ke'e for a lazy afternoon and a view of the sunset.
Lil and Mags haven't met a beach they didn't like!
Kindle-ing at Ke'e.
We took some pictures of ourselves too. :)
The next day, Lo and I headed to a place where we could golf 9 holes for 9 dollars. The pictures are stuck on my phone, which doesn't work here at the house, but I'll get them uploaded soon. It may have been a $9 price, but it wasn't a $9 view, for sure.
Since we were already almost there, we stopped at Jo-Jo's for the island's best shave ice. It was better than I remembered, actually, since I think they put more mac-nut ice cream in the bottom these days.
Today we headed back to Tunnels. I think it's my favorite place on the island.
We didn't get a picture, but there was a turtle that came right up to the edge of the surf - and just hung out there for about 10 minutes or so while we watched. Everyone in the family got to see him (her?) just bob along in the waves, eat, and pop his head up to breathe. It was very exciting.

1 comment:
Great pics as always. So beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you in a week or so. Say Aloha to everyone for me.
Post a Comment