Thursday, July 02, 2009

Layover

A few observations from today:

Some small children can in fact manage a cross-country air trip amazingly well, in fact so silently that I wondered if their parents had given them something.

In this age of many, many baggage number and weight restrictions I was shocked to stand behind an older couple checking in who had at least 8 bags in between them, including 2 golf bags.

Traveling teenagers are the same everywhere. For the girls: teeny tiny shorts, layered, lace-edged tank tops w/bra straps hanging out, flip flops. One had a little stereo meant to hold an i-pod that looked like a triangular pink and white purse. For the boys: board shorts, t-shirts with ironic sayings, ridiculous behavior to impress girls. Watching their antics here in the food court did not make me sigh wistfully and long for bygone days.

30 Rock is hilarious. On the plane, I watched some old episodes of The Office, pretty fun. But 30 Rock made me laugh out loud several times, which may have disturbed my sleeping older Vietnamese gentleman seatmate. Sissy and Pete have been telling me to watch for a few years. Gotta get the DVD's from Netflix when I get home.

1 comment:

Bora said...

You can watch a lot of 30 Rock on Hulu.com, though probably not overseas. Licensing and all that.