Wednesday, July 06, 2005

München, city of wild weather patterns

Greetings,

Today is our second day in Munich. We have been to the lovely Nymphenburg Palace, and have now rented bikes to save on all the walking. (walking, walking, always the walking...) We are going to bike around the old town, maybe visit one more palace, and do some shopping and eating tonight, which is Gretchen's last. The sun is out, there is a slight breeze, and a few fleecy clouds. Nothing to indicate that yesterday was a day of pelting rain, temperatures so cold that I was wishing for warmer clothes, and us walking around with our raincoats tight around our faces, severely limiting our peripheral vision.

Habits I have picked up here, like the chameleon that I am, include: drinking my (very strong) morning coffee black, eating a kaiser roll with a hard boiled egg for breakfast, and saying "Ja, Ja" very breezily in answer to questions. Who knows what Italy will bring :)

I'll write again tomorrow from Innsbruck, my last stop before meeting Deanna in Venice on Friday. It is my mission in Innsbruck to find a way to upload pictures that will not cost me a small fortune. But to those of you chomping at the bit for photos, I ask, are not my word pictures enough!?!

Tchuss,
Erin

No comments: