I'm sure that you all will have heard the news about London by the time you read this...it's very sobering and all over the news here. Although the attacks seem tied to the G8 summit, it seems strange and a little scary to think that I was in London last year at this time...
I'm now safely in my hotel room, after hours of being lost in the industrial parts of Innsbruck, trying to figure out where to return the rental car. I was feeling low and grumpy until I turned on CNN and got some perspective...
peace,
erin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Serious for now, but "fun times" are on the way... Online from the comfort of my bed one last time...
Here I come!
D
The London bombings are really scary (the understatement of the day), I feel a little disconnected, since I'm getting my news through Yahoo. No TV, no radio. Hope it doesn't complicate your travels.
Ditto what Marguerite said. Many prayers flying across the ocean for your safety.
On a side note, I was absent from your log for three days, and clearly have missed a great deal!
By the way---LOVE watching the TdF on your lovely cable with your lovely DVR. My pleasures are feeling a bit trite in the face of all of this however. Sadly, it was watching the TdF this morning that alerted me to the bombings in London (they vaguely mentioned there heartfelt prayers for the riders from Great Britian). I ran out to look at the paper to find out what had happened, and the only thing the front page had to say about London was that they had received the bid for the Olympics. Color me so confused! I figured it all out once I looked for the news on-line. So, I guess what I'm saying is that watching the TdF has served some small purpose... (besides consuming hours of my life!)
Peace to you and Gretchen and Deanna.
Post a Comment