Hello all...
here is some info. about our day so far...
number of major sites visited: 3 (St. Marks, Doge's Palace, Rialto Bridge)
number of gelato flavors sampled: 6 (Deanna likes dark cherry, Erin hazelnut)
number of miles walked today, according to Erin's newly acquired pedometer: 3.05
number of times older Italian matron overheard saying "mama mia" on her cell phone in one 3 minute conversation: 3
number of euro Deanna had to pay to use the WC at Rialto Bridge, since she didn't go earlier when it was free: .50
number of minutes we had to wait in the alley of a little shop, waiting for the drunken owner to come back to sell Erin a little glass cross: 22 (I really wanted that particular cross!)
number of minutes it took for said owner to make change from a 50 euro note: 4 (included walking out of the shop to get help)
so those are just a few small details to give the flavor of Venice...we still haven't done the gondola thing but are enjoying watching many others do so...it costs around $100, so maybe watching is all we'll do. For those of you who asked for words from Deanna, she says she'll post soon.
ciao!
Erin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We have been on the go. Jet lag... No time for jet lag.
Most hours of continuous sleep: 3
Number of logic problems attempted to "relax"myself: 1
Number of problems completed: 0 (I was tired, right?)
More later - no internet time left.
pace,
D
Have I mentioned, Erin, that you are a gifted travel logger? or I guess I should say blogger. I'm swinging with the dark cherry fan club, myself.
Just finished deadheading and watering. Why did no one tell me that gardening was so messy?? Or maybe I'm not doing it right... whatever!
Pace e bene (as the friars always tell me)
Doug...your post made us laugh out loud in this crowded internet point....Dana, thank you for being messy in the process of caring for my plants...Marguerite, we will have some gelatti in your honor, not that we needed even more reasons :)
-E & D
Post a Comment